- Make polishing a part of your detailing routine with a Clay Bar - leaves your paint super-smooth!
Features and Benefits Of This Product
- Polishing with a clay bar pulls out and shears off embedded particles and surface-born contaminants.
- Also assists in removing road tar, bug remains and acids that destroy paint and small metal particles that stay on your paint and forms rust.
- Installation Difficulty: SIMPLE (No Tools, Anyone Can Install)
- Using a Clay Bar is simple, but does involve some time to prepare the surface and finish the job right. Trust us, the results are well worth it.
- Choose a day that is overcast so you can avoid working in direct sunlight
- Wash your vehicle thoroughly, ensuring all dirt and oil is removed.
- We suggest using a paint detailing spray on the freshly washed panel before using the clay bar in the event that there may be some residual sand or dirt deposits that may scratch the paint surface.
- As you begin to work with the clay bar, work on one panel at a time
- Take the clay bar and simply slide it back and forth across the panel.
- There may be some resistance initially, but as you remove contaminants you'll notice that the action becomes smoother.
- If you notice contaminants in the bar, knead it to expose a fresh portion.
- Once the panel is complete use your detailer to clean the surface and dry before moving on to the next panel.
- Once you've completed all of the painted surfaces, you can move ahead to waxing.
- We recommend that you only use the clay bar once or twice a year.
Notes / Warnings
- If the bar is dropped on the ground it must be discarded.
- Small sand and stone particles that the bar picks up have high potential to scratch your paint.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
There is nothing special about this clay bar over anyone elses (I mean, how different can they get?), but since you are gonna order something else here, throw it on the order too, because no self-respecting car guy (or gal) would skip this step in finish maintenance. The effects are amazing. Better yet, grab two, for that inevitable time you drop it in sand and have to throw it out.