- Mechunik's Machined Aluminum Shift Knobs provide a solid grip and the illuminated LED shift gate is a great match to your dash lighting.
- Available for 5 or 6 speed manual transmissions.
Features and Benefits Of This Product
- Machined out of aluminum, these LED shift knobs weigh of over one pound for a solid shift every time.
- Complimented with a 5 or 6 speed shifter gate on top of a HIGH POWER LED for a cool illuminated look.
- Installation Difficulty: BASIC (Simple Tools, No Special Knowledge Required)
- Mechunik shift knobs are installed using a single headless allen key bolt for quick, easy and secure fitment.
- You will be required to remove your original shift knob in order to install these replacements.
- Removal of your original knob is done by pulling up on the knob with a firm grip.
- When tightening the bolts, ensure to torque sufficiently so that the knob does not loosen while driving, although be careful not to strip the threads.
- M series vehicles with a one-piece shift knob + shift boot combination will require an aftermarket shift boot.
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great product and I love the look. Also shorten the shift distance. My only issue is the instructions. Mine mentioned a red and black cable coming from the shifter knob, but the wires on mine were black and black with white stripe. I just switched them when the light did not work. Still great look and solid product
Very well made. Quality piece. Goes well with parking brake handle upgrade. Nice custom look.
I am happy with my purchase. I received the shifter knob very quick, I also purchased alcantara shifter and ebrake boots to match with this and the ebrake handle I got. Everything goes together well, it was a fast and easy install, pull out remove reglue and ziptie and your done
Great shifter. Nice weight, which really helps going into gears. Love the light, matches the colors on my E46 M3 convertible.
Great product with very nice quality. Only problem was that it shipped without the wire taps so I had to cut wires to install it. Still, after it was done I can say it was worth it :)
Its beautiful but hard to put on lol
Its easy to under estimate the power of a good shift knob; Ive been using the standard "Goose Neck" shifter that comes with the BMW Z3 and after receiving the Illuminated Shift Knob By Bimmian I knew I made a great choice. Packaging- The packaging was exceptional and even protected the shifter box that held the shifter. Installation- In my Z3, the lighter was readily available to deliver power to the shifter and this made it very convenient for the installation. The Led is pre-wired with a black/white (Positive) and pure black (Negative) wires which come at a great length; These are easy to connect with the supplied quick connects. Installation took about 20 minutes in a slow relaxed pace (This was my first installation of this type); Overall it worked out with no problems or difficulties. The Shifter- The lights match the dash very well and I grew even more pleased when I began to use the shifter. 1. The weight of the shifter is over 5x heavier than the stock shifter which removed the "looseness" feeling that the stock shifter leaves in the system. The weight and solid feel of the shifter made shifting very predictable. 2. This shifter is also shorter than the traditional shifter which makes it feel like your shifting gets faster and I wouldn't doubt if it did! Bimmian has delivered a great, solid and reliable product; Its a value at any price!
feels and looks great, easy install